Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sabor a Cuba

1833 W. Wilson Ave.
Ravenswood
773.769.6859
Cuban

This is a BYOB Cuban restaurant that I sort of stumbled upon. I actually had no intention of going in there, but the place I was supposed to go was closed so this was close by. I am really glad that I gave it a try! It was reasonably priced, good Cuban food. I tried the yuca frites with garlic sauce for an appetizer. They were good, but nothing special. I ordered the garlic shrimp dish for an entree and it had a really good flavor and came with beans and rice, with a few plaintains on the side. The portions were large for the price and the food was fresh. I also tried my dining companion's pork dish. I wasn't thrilled with the pork since I thought it was a little dry, although I did not know if that was just how the dish was meant to be prepared. The waitress was great--I never had to wait for water. (However, it could have been the fact, too, that there was only one other table in there besides us.) Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know what to think of this small, discreet restaurant, but I would love to try it again. It is also BYOB, so definitely a place for a cheaper dinner. I think the entrees mainly ranged from $10-$15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home