Monday, February 21, 2005

She She

4539 N. Lincoln Ave.
773-293-3690

I was on my way to Bistro Campagne for brunch on Sunday and found a sign in their window stating no brunch for the remainder of winter. Since it was icky and raining we went across the street to She She. I had always wanted to try it. Seating was pretty uncomfortable with very close quarters. I had the special - fried eggs with salsa verde, tomatoes, refried beans and some kind of baked tortillas with cheese. My Mom had the poached eggs on artichoke heart with creamed spinach and leeks and my sister had the green eggs and ham omelette. While it wasn't awful, everything on the plate was undiscernible and I mean all three plates. While I don't mind my food mixing with each other, I prefer to know what I'm eating. I also think items on the plate of little consequence (usually called garnish) should not be included in the menu description. My salsa verde was drizzled on the plate. I could go on and on, but I would much rather wait and talk about a more pleasant experience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kar said...

Oh, that is disappointing to hear. I have always wanted to try that place. I have heard some good reviews, but they were always for dinner. Maybe this isn't a brunch place? Well, I wouldn't mind still trying She She for dinner, but it definitely won't be on the top of my list.

February 21, 2005 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity line of credit

May 6, 2006 at 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home