Sunday, March 20, 2005

tank

4514 N. Lincoln Ave.
Lincoln Square
773.769.2600
www.tanksushi.com

I haven't been this satisfied with a sushi restaurant since I went to Sushi Wabi four years ago. Tank is a newer sushi joint in Lincoln Square that can be classified in the "trendy sushi restaurant" category, but doesn't have the obnoxious prices or attitude that some of the other restaurants have. You walk into a dimly lit, simply-designed space and you instantly feel comfortable. There are also 2 shoji screened rooms for larger parties. The space is small, so reservations are recommended and it did fill up at the prime-time dinner hour so I would suggest going a little earlier on the weekend.

For an appetizer, we ordered the fried oyster platter with Hawaiian ketchup, which was fantastic! The oysters were juicy and the ketchup had a nice tangy kick to it. Then, between my dining companion and I, we ordered 4 sushi rolls, along with a small side order of curry potato hash and a 2-piece ikura order for me. (Ikura is my favorite! It had the salmon roe on top. I thought the side dish was only okay.)

The speciaty rolls we ordered were the rainbow roll, tropic thunder (yellowtail, shittake, mango, avocado), orange crush (crab, asparagus, avocado, salmon) and spicy tuna. They were all scrumptious--the fish was fresh and the flavor divine! (Although, the spicy tuna roll was just a bit spicy for my palate.) If you check out their web site, you can look at the list of all the specialty rolls for the descriptions--there are so many choices you will have to go back multiple times!

For dessert, we had the chocolate chip cookie dough egg roll. It was presented so cute on a platter with a dish of pureed raspberry sauce, which was meant to look like the sweet and sour sauce. The dessert was very rich and sweet, a little too sweet for me.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience! I would definitely go back to try some other rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home