Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Flo

1434 W. Chicago Ave.
312.243.0477
Mexican

I first saw this restaurant on "Check, Please," being reviewed for a fabulous breakfast. I actually went for dinner instead. This cute little restaurant is kind of located out way west of downtown. You walk in and feel the intimate setting right away--it is like a cozy apartment decorated with really cool, funky art. Instead of the typical chips and salsa, they bring out sliced bread with a tasty pepper spread. (I am not sure if it was a kind of pepper spread, but I do know that it was good!) I ordered the portobella mushroom ravioli in a white cream sauce. It was really good--very flavorful and tender. I also tried a bite of the catfish tacos, which were very savory! Overall, our whole table enjoyed their meals and the menu was quite extensive, making me want to go back there again. I did, however, order a mojito, which tasted kind of funny and was too strong. So I would not recommend that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a person with an open-mind and an understanding of the Latino culture to enjoy a mojito. Mojitos are suppose to be strong to the virgin-mojito drinker, but I'm happy that you took the dive to explore food and drinks that you are not accustomed to.

August 4, 2005 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home