Monday, May 09, 2005

Think Cafe

2235 N. Western Ave.
773.394.0537
Italian

I went to this BYOB Italian restaurant and it was well worth the trip out there! It is a cozy, intimate little restaurant that gets packed so be sure to make reservations. We went on a Saturday night but couldn't get a reservation until 9:30 pm. For the appetizer, I had the sauteed sea scallops with two sauces--red pepper and lemon butter. This dish was good--the scallops were tender but didn't have as much flavor as some other sea scallops I have had before. But the sauces made up for it. I also ordered the Think salad, which had organic greens tossed with balsamic dressing, blue cheese, walnuts and sliced pears. The dressing was just a tad too tangy, otherwise it was perfect! For the entree, I ordered a red wine duck risotto. It was fabulous! It had a robust flavor and there was even enough to take home for lunch the next day! Finally, for dessert I had the banana carmelo. It was sliced bananas, berries and ice cream drenched in a scrumptious caramel sauce. It was definitely a great way to end the meal! So many things on the menu were mouth-watering so I can't wait to go back there. And, since it is BYOB, it is easy on the checkbook. It is a great place to go on a date or an intimate gathering of friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home